Just coming up to the end of my third year qualified and going to revalidate for the first time. What is the revalidation criteria and how hard is it to meet?
Firstly, congratulations on your first year as a registered nurse!
The criteria for NMC revalidation is;
* 450 practice hours, or 900 if renewing as both a nurse and midwife.
* 35 hours of CPD including 20 hours of participatory learning.
* Five pieces of practice-related feedback.
* Five written reflective accounts.
* Reflective discussion.
* Health and character declaration.
* Professional indemnity arrangement.
Overall, if you break it down. It's not that hard to meet the requirements.